Sunday, February 2, 2014

Eldar Fire Dragons WIP - Bases

Hey people! Just wanted to give you all a quick update on my Eldar Fire Dragons. I got the go ahead to paint them as the Shrine of the Burning Lance and I'm pretty stoked! I got them all primed up and have the bases about 95% done - the only thing left is to put some snow on them - but that will have to wait until the rest of the models are completely done. I'm hoping to have some orange on them by the end of tomorrow so expect another update soon.

The bases were done over a black undercoat (obviously) - which was then repeatedly highlighted in sequence as follows: Skavenblight Dinge - Stormvermin Fur - Dawnstone - Ceramite White

I used basic dry-brushing to lay those colors down as I feel thats simply the easiest and most effective way to paint bases.

On the Exarchs' bases I painted what looks to be a broken hull of some poor victim's tank/vehicle with basic metallics - but added some rust effects to really bring it out. I won't go into detail on that in this post but expect a Step-By-Step on rust effects sometime in the near future!

I also brought up the colors in the rocks that their back feet are standing on to make it pop a little more from the rest of the base. This was done by painting/blending on the previously drybrushed colors. I then washed it with Nuln Oil to bring all the colors together.

Thanks for checking them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment