Pages

Sunday, May 12, 2019

Blades of Khorne Bloodreaver Skintones

Hey everyone. This post is just a WIP shot of my Blades of Khorne Bloodreaver unit. I wanted to focus specifically on the 3 different skintones I am using within the unit. Check out the post to see the paints I used!




The first skintone I wanted to go over is the darker-brown tone. As you can see, this is different than the darker skin tone I did a tutorial on last year. You end up with a tannish tone as opposed to a reddish tone overall.






The paints you will use are Nuln Oil. Dryad Bark, Gorthor Brown, and Baneblade Brown.



The second skintone gives you a nice orange/tan look. It creates some nice contrast between the usual pale caucasian skintones you see on most miniatures.





The paints for this skintone were Reikland Fleshshade, Ratskin Flesh, Bestigor Flesh, and Ungor Flesh.



The third skintone I'm using is a more standard reddish caucasian skintone.







The paints used are Bugmans Glow, Reikland Fleshshade, Cadian Flesh, Kislev Flesh, Flayed One Flesh.



I've been having fun experimenting with different skintones, as I think it adds some nice variety to larger units like the Bloodreavers.

Stay tuned for more WIP shots. Thanks for checking this out.

1 comment:

  1. Painter Keillor Some us know all relating to the compelling medium you present powerful steps on this blog and therefore strongly encourage contribution from other ones on this subject while our own child is truly discovering a great deal. Have fun with the remaining portion of the year.

    ReplyDelete