Pages

Sunday, May 19, 2019

Speed Painting Competition!

Hey all! I recently joined in a fun little speed painting competition that took place at my local Warhammer store as part of their 2-year anniversary. Click the link to see some more photos and my results!




The painting competition overall was a blast! We had 90 minutes to paint pre-built and primed Stormcast Eternal Sequitors.

Because the models were painted black I tried to stick to colors that would cover well, so Base paints were important to use.

I ended up going with what I would call a "Sigmarine" color scheme, with primarily Ultramarine colors to give the model a different look. Than the usual gold.




We had 7 contestants overall and I was very pleased to take home first place and get the "Golden Grot" which is a cool little trophy the store gives out for their painting competitions.

I've only ever done one other speed-painting competition in the past, and this was a big challenge for me! I tried to strictly use layering techniques, and only overbrushed the top knot of hair on the model, and dry brushed the stone base. I only had roughly 2 minutes left at that point, so speed was key!




Thanks for checking out the post, and stay tuned for more updates on my Age of Sigmar and Warhammer 40k armies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment